Rural, Farms and Estates

It is estimated that agricultural land accounts for around 70% of land in the UK. However, perhaps surprisingly, there are relatively few law firms advising in this area, particularly on contentious matters.  This may be because of the unique body of law which applies to agricultural land and how it overlaps with residential, commercial and telecoms law.

Hägen Wolf acts for rural land owners including farmers and landed estates in the North and East of England, often in partnership with other lawyers and advisors.   We regularly advise on contentious issues arising from farm business tenancies and agricultural holdings as well as issues concerning private and public rights of way, travellers, rural business parks, holiday accommodation and worker accommodation.  We have also successfully brought a number of Lands Chamber applications for compensation arising from rural land which has been acquired by compulsory purchase order and we welcome enquiries from anyone who is concerned about how they may be affected by plans for HS2 or HS3.

Get in touch if:

  • A long-standing farm worker or relative is claiming an interest in your property or you have been promised such an interest
  • You wish to terminate a tenancy
  • You are concerned about a new road or train line being built on your property
  • Someone is impeding access to your land
  • Travellers make camp on your land
  • You have been approached by a telecoms provider